white rice, or brown rice pre-soaked overnight
1. Scoop four handfuls of rice into pot.
2. Rinse rice by filling the pot with enough water to submerge the rice and swishing with hands. Carefully pour out the now milky looking water, and rinse two more times.
3. Fill pot with water. If white rice, fill pot with six handfuls of water. If brown, eight. (1:1.5; 1:2)
4. Heat uncovered pot on medium-high heat until boiling. Then, lower heat to simmer covered.
5. After 20 - 25 minutes, sample to test texture. When satisfied, take off heat.
6. Let steam in the covered pot for 5-10 minutes.
7. Uncover, fluff with a fork, and eat.
3-5 servings; depends on size of hands and size of the grain.