Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dan Dudrow painting- Elle


Although I haven't tried much abstraction, I'm so inspired by Dudrow's use of color relationships, mark, shape and space for my figurative paintings. For my first painting this semester I experimented with this kind of color on the figure, very challenging, however it resulted to be very problematic. I hope to make discoveries inspired by Dudrow in my future works. Here's his bio from his site:

Dan Dudrow was born in West Virginia. He attended Louisiana State University for two years, then transferred to Rhode Island School of Design, where he earned his BFA in 1963. After spending two years in New York City, he entered the Maryland Institute College of Art, where he earned his MFA in Painting in 1967. Since 1970 he has taught full-time at MICA. During those years he has exhibited his work nationally and internationally.
-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment