Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Different Kind of Performance Art

My dressage trainer showed this to me several years ago. To this day, I still get butterflies whenever I watch it. This is a video from the World Equestrian Games in 2006 of Andreas Helgstrand on Blue Hors Matine performing a Musical Freestyle. A Musical Freestyle is a type of dressage riding, where "movements and figures are choreographed to meet the technical requirements of the particular level with carefully chosen music that highlights the horse/rider combination."
Horses have always somehow found their way into my artwork. Just wanted to share this video (which I think highlights one of the multiple reasons why they inspire me so much) with everyone else! It will blow your mind. Guaranteed.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment